Welcome to the Kern County Sheriff's Office Online Reporting System. If this is an emergency please call 911. Using this online report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online reporting is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Kern County Sheriff's Office jurisdiction.
- This did not occur on a state freeway.
If you answered yes to all of the above, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the above, please look at our Online Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online report has been submitted" showing that your report is complete.
- Be given a report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Online Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false sheriff's report is a crime.
Using the Kern County Sheriff's Office Online Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
If you are filing a MISSING PERSON, STOLEN VEHICLE, STOLEN FIREARM OR STOLEN LICENSE PLATE do not file an online report. Please contact the Kern County Communications Center at 661-861-3110.
If you have any questions, or require assistance using the Sheriff’s Online Reporting System, please call the help line at (661) 392-6903 (Mon - Fri, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM).